Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Most days are like this!

Yesterday was one of those days - I dropped my youngest off at school at 8.30am, then drove over the the TN2 Community Centre in Sherwood to join in another "Ward Walk" ("A Priceless Insight", June 4th).

This lasted until 1.40pm, when I had to leave to get to King's Hill in West Malling. Here I had a two o'clock meeting with the Chairman and Chief Executive of the Kent and Medway Mental Health Partnership Trust. I'd allowed ninety minutes for this, but it overran slightly and I found myself rushing to get to my next meeting, 4.30pm at St Barnabas Church in Tunbridge Wells to discuss the new Community Centre. I was two minutes late for this, but they were just making coffee so it was fine.

This ran until 5.40pm and I dashed back to Sherwood for the meeting of the TN2 Community Trust. I had allowed fifty minutes for this, in order that I could get to Pembury for a meeting with colleagues about campaigns in Sherwood and St James.

By the time I got home it was just after eleven - fifteen hours since I'd left that morning. And this isn't unusual - most days are like this!

No comments: