They went so far as to say "The Tories have shown how much they care about St James by selecting a candidate from Matfield!"
So how much do the Lib Dems think of Culverden, Pantiles and St Marks wards, where they haven't put a candidate up at all?
And having read through the "Statement As To Persons Nominated" on the Tunbridge Wells Borough Council website - http://www.tunbridgewells.gov.uk/upload/public/attachments/19/spn1may08.doc - more disturbing is to see that of the sixteen ward elections, the Liberal Democrats are only fielding candidates in fourteen; and of these fourteen candidates, six of them live outside the ward where they're standing:
- Liberal Democrat John Billingham from Hawkhurst is standing in Lamberhurst and Goudhurst
- Liberal Democrat Jackie Prance from Southborough is standing in Pembury
- Liberal Democrat Bob Prance from Soutborough is standing in Rusthall
- Liberal Democrat Jean-Luc Bressard from Park is standing in Broadwater
- Liberal Democrat Marguerita Morton from St Johns is standing in Southborough
- Liberal Democrat Alan Bullion from Sherwood is standing in St Johns - (interestingly, Mr Bullion complained in the local press that neither Roy Bullock nor myself - both from Lamberhurst - lived in our County divisions. It turns out that Mr Bullion - himself from Sherwood - is Lib Dem Parliamentary candidate for Sevenoaks!)