Saturday, March 8, 2008

The whole world on show

Last night, I returned from a week in Dorset, and a review of Dorset County Council's Adult Social Services function.

I had worked as a "Member Peer" with a small team put together by the Improvement and Development Agency (IDeA). The review was very challenging - we undertook sixty interviews with a hundred and twenty people in three days - but it was incredibly worthwhile, and great experience.

Whilst the review itself is confidential, what struck me was how Dorchester - where Dorset's County Hall is located - seemed to have the whole world on show! I took a photo of one of the direction signs - whilst one of the arrows points to Dorset County Museum, the Old Crown Court and "Bus Stop D", the others point to Tutankhamun, the Roman Town House, the Dinosaur Museum, the Terracotta Warriors, and the Teddy Bear Museum.
With some of the most beautiful countryside and coastline, I came away feeling that it wouldn't be long before I was back for a proper look around!

No comments: