Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's only once a year

With my daughter's birthday looming, I woke up this morning to seven twelve year old girls all waiting to use the bathroom.

Last night had been her "birthday sleepover", and my clear duties were to make endless glasses of 'bubble gum squash', inflate a king size lilo, light a roaring log fire and set up the chocolate fountain for them.

I then decided that discretion was the better part of valour and my wife, our youngest and myself barricaded ourselves in our bedroom and left them to it!

It's the morning after and, to be fair, the house still seems to be standing and I don't smell burning, so we're probably okay! Now for breakfast then the shopping trip...

Just keep repeating - "It's only once a year, it's only once a year..."

No comments: