Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Comprehensive Performance

As part of Kent County Council's current inspection by the Audit Commission this morning was my turn to be interviewed about Kent Adult Social Services.

I spent just over an hour with Jane Scott, Leader of Wiltshire County Council and Rita Lally, Director of Adult Services at Buckinghamshire County Council.

We discussed a whole range of issues, and I endeavoured in an hour to give some idea of just what was important to us in delivering the best social care to the people of Kent.

It was a tall order, but a very full conversation. Time alone will tell whether I and my colleagues across KCC have been able to prove to the Comprehensive Performance Assessment inspectors that kent deserves to retain its current "Four Star Excellent" status.

No comments: