Sunday, July 6, 2008

Surrounded on all sides by beautiful gems

I got up yesterday at 6am - unusual for a Saturday - and jumped in the car with my eldest daughter - even more unusual that she was up at 6am too! We had to be in Milton Keynes for 9.00 to pick up some printing equipment that I'd bought last week on eBay.

We arrived at 9.30, having stopped for breakfast en route, and loaded the car. On our return, the traffic on the A21 was stacked, so we diverted via Five Oak Green.

Driving through Tudeley we passed the entrance to All Saints' Church and I mentioned to my daughter the stained glass windows by Marc Chagall for which the church is famous. She asked to see them, so we turned around and stopped off.

How lucky are we in Kent? We're surrounded on all sides by beautiful gems such as this - and how often do we just pass by and take them for granted?

No comments: